Welcome to the Latino Medical Student Association!
We are a medical student-driven non-profit organization dedicated to improving healthcare for Latino communities and mentoring future physicians in the Midwest and the rest of the US.
MS4 Visiting Clerkship Opportunities
Rising MS4s, make sure to check out the Resources and Opportunities Page for information about several visiting clerkships offered at schools across the nation. Clerkships are available in a variety of specialties and many are sponsored by the respective schools' diversity offices. Apply soon before spots fill up!
Want Your Chapter to Be Featured?
We want to display your LMSA chapter's activities and events to both recognize the amazing events going on in the Midwest Region, and to share these ideas with other chapters. Activities will be featured here on the LMSA MW website homepage, as well as on our Activities Page. Share what your chapter has been up to by sending photos with captions and/or event descriptions to firstname.lastname@example.org. We can't wait to see all our chapters' amazing work.
Reminder: Update Your Chapter's Contact Information
As your LMSA chapter transitions leadership, make sure to keep your chapter's delegate information up to date by emailing our Chief Development Officer at . Click here to see who is listed as the current chapter delegate. Thank you!
LMSA Midwest Announcements!
Dear Medical School Representative,
We are pleased to announce the 2020 SCORE Programs for Otolaryngology & Ob/Gyn at Kaiser Permanente Northern California. Please pass this information on to your first-year medical student class who are interested in upcoming summer research opportunities. Thank you very much, and please feel free to contact us if any questions.
An 8+ week intensive summer opportunity to pursue research and observe clinical care in either Otolaryngology – Head & Neck surgery or Obstetrics & Gynecology.
- Sponsored through the Head & Neck Surgery and Obstetrics & Gynecology Departments at Kaiser Permanente Oakland
- Program dates: June 15 to Aug 7, 2019 (option to extend to 9 or 10 weeks)
- Students are paired with a faculty mentor to guide them through clinical research project(s) and/or quality improvement projects. Students will be involved in a variety of activities from data entry and chart review, data analysis, abstract/manuscript preparation, etc.
- 4 days per week dedicated to clinical research
- 1 day per week in ambulatory clinic or observing in the operating room
- Up to 4 slots available for Otolaryngology and 2 slots available for Ob/Gyn
- Stipend of up to $400/week
How to apply:
Please visit the website for more information & application details: https://residency-ncal.kaiserpermanente.org/med-students/score/
Submit your completed application by January 12, 2020.
For questions or additional information, please contact:
GME SCORE Coordinator
Graduate Medical Education
3600 Broadway, 4th FL
Oakland, CA 94611