To all of our speakers, attendees, exhibitors, and sponsors for a wonderful conference weekend! And a huge thank you to The University of Cincinnati College of Medicine for hosting us. We hope everyone enjoyed their experience!
Send In Your Conference Photos
- Click here to upload photos: 2016 Midwest Conference Photos
- Or, email them to
DOWNLOAD THE CONFERENCE APP: http://app.appvents.com/#/e/5974adbb
UPDATE: 2016 Midwest Conference Brochure
Below are documents outlining important information for each type of attendee. We hope this will help you get the most out of your conference experience.
Friday, February 26 – evening mixer with local faculty
Saturday, February 27 – keynote speakers, workshops, and evening Gala
Sunday, February 28 – Service Event – Health Fair
LMSA MW Regional Conference Logistics. Check out this brochure which highlights the conference events locations, schedule, and hotel information.
Sponsors and Exhibitors
Interested in being a sponsor/exhibitor for the Midwest Conference on 2/27? Check out the Sponsor-Exhibitor Prospectus! Email us at with any questions.
Call for Abstracts and Judges
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: FEBRUARY 1st, 2016
Why participate? FREE REGISTRATION to the Conference, an opportunity to publish in the 2016 LMSA Journal, and cash prizes!
This opportunity to present is open to all pre-meds, medical students, or residents. Abstracts will be placed in one of the following categories: Basic Sciences, Public and Global Health, or Clinical and Translational research
Abstracts should be submitted to the Midwest Regional Policy Chair, Jessica Ocampo, by February 1st, 2016: http://goo.gl/forms/Lg4FjH1xVL
See Full Details Here: CALL FOR ABSTRACTS MW 2016
Sunday Service Event: Health Fair
LMSA Health Fair
February 28, 2016 9:00am-2:30pm
San Carlos Borromeo Catholic Church
7036 Fairpark Ave, Cincinnati, OH 45216
LMSA in coordination with San Carlos Borromeo Catholic Church and Su Casa will be hosting a health fair on Sunday February 28th. We will be performing blood pressure and glucose screens and health education within a Latino community in Cincinnati. Steps for checking blood pressures and glucose will be reviewed shortly before the fair begins. Everyone is welcome to volunteer. Please sign up at this link LMSA Service Event Info Form. We understand due to travel plans attendance for the whole duration of the fair may not be possible for everyone. Please include departure time in the form.
***The special rate LMSA rooms at the Kingsgate Marriot have all been reserved, though there may still be availability at the regular hotel rates.
- Special Conference Rate is being offered at the Kingsgate Marriot Conference Center at the University of Cincinnati; $109.00 USD per night
- Special rate is only offered for the nights of February 26th and 27th
- Must make reservations by 5:00 pm ET on February 5th to receive the special rate
- CLICK HERE to reserve your room online, or visit the Kingsgate Marriot Website and use the group code “LMSLMSA”
- Or, reserve by phone by contacting (888) 720-1299 and asking for the Latino Medical Student Association Conference at UC at Kingsgate Marriott
Registration prices (for LMSA National members*):
- Free for undergraduate and high school students
- $30 for medical students
- $40 for residents
- $45 for attendings
- Free for Midwest E-board members, conference speakers, sponsors, and research judges (contact firstname.lastname@example.org for your appropriate code)
- Accepted poster presenters will be reimbursed for registration after the conference (see below to submit an abstract)
Remember that each chapter (in good standing with dues) can get up to $400 in reimbursement funding, so keep hotel and transport receipts to turn in to our treasurer.
***UPDATE: The Conference Gala is filled to capacity, but we have a waitlist started. If you have not yet registered for the gala but want to join, please register for the gala so your name is recorded. If you do not get to attend the gala off the waitlist, you will be reimbursed for the gala registration cost***
Steps to Register at Discounted Rates:
1. Become an LMSA Member:
- High school students: FREE. Pre-meds: one-time $15 fee for all undergrad/post-bac years. $5 THIS YEAR ONLY for all other membership types
- Visit the LMSA National Website (https://lmsa.net)
- Go to the Membership Page and click “Register” to fill in the Registration Form
- Use your institutional email as your username
- Select your membership type
- ***For REGION, click on MIDWEST
- Complete the payment process. Note: for everyone besides high school and pre-med students, the payment total will read as the old membership cost (e.g. “$25” for med students) until the final checkout submission where it is ONLY $5 – this year ONLY
- You will receive an email to activate your account
2. Register for the MW Conference and Gala:
- Go to the Conference Registration Link (http://lmsa.me/2016MWC)
- ***Make sure to sign into your LMSA account (login link at the top of the page) before completing the Conference Registration Form
- The two registration options are 1. MW Conference Registration Only (note: this does NOT include the Gala), and 2. MW Conference Gala Only ($10 for members)
If you need additional information regarding the Midwest Regional Conference Participant Registration, contact Alex Alejos, Regional Conference Coordinator at .
How To: Alter Your Conference Registration
Did you forget to sign up for the Gala on Saturday, February 26th? Need to make any other changes to your registration? If so, follow these steps:
- Log in to your LMSA member account (login located on right panel or the top of the conference registration page)
- Under “Invoicing, Payments & History”, select event registrations
- Find the LMSA MW Conference Registration and edit by clicking the pencil icon