The Latino Medical Student Association (LMSA) is a national student-led organization that works to unify Latino medical students and their allies to promote and develop a generation of culturally competent physician leaders who are prepared to serve our country’s growing Latino population. LMSA Midwest began in 1990 at the University of Illinois and has since grown to include nearly 20 active chapters from medical schools in eight states. The enormous growth and success over the years has been the direct result of the hard work of many passionate medical students from across the region who have become involved in regional leadership.
Each year at the regional conference during the business meeting, an Executive Board for the following year is elected. As an active member in LMSA, we encourage all medical students to consider running for a position. This is an exciting opportunity for students who are passionate about LMSA and have fresh, new ideas to join the regional leadership team and make an impact. The next Midwest elections will occur at the 27th Annual Midwest Regional Conference in February 2017. We also have a process for online candidate submission to facilitate the election process and accommodate anyone interested in running for a position but unable to attend the conference.
Any medical student who is a member of LMSA Midwest may run for any and multiple positions on the executive board which include:
- Co-Directors (2)
- Chief Financial Officer (previously Vice President of Budget and Finance)
- Chief Development Officer (previously Vice President of Information and Networking)
- Chief Information Officer (previously Parliamentarian)
- Policy and Academic Affairs Chair (previously Vice President of Academic Affairs and Health Policy)
- Mentorship Chair (previously Premed liaison)
- Public Relations Chair (previously Director of Communications)
- Community Affairs Chair(previously Vice President of Community Affairs)
- Regional Conference Coordinator
For more information regarding elections and formal descriptions of each executive board position, please download the Election information document.
If you are interested in running for a position, please download the Election Application Packet.
If you have any questions, please contact the Chief Information Officer at