Purpose of this Scholarship: To alleviate some of the financial burden associated with attending medical school. Funds may be used at the discretion of the recipient. Suggested uses include purchase of question banks, travel (family, residency interviews, and conference attendance), suit for interviews, registration costs for Step exams, ERAS application submissions and other. We would love to hear back from you how the LMSA Midwest Scholarship helped you along your journey to Doctor.
Scholarships: One $1,000 will be awarded for the 2014-2015 academic year
Submission Deadline: April 21st, 2015
Applicants can contact Michelle Estrada at with any questions or concerns.
Requirements for Submission:
- Applicants must be currently enrolled or planning to attend a MD or DO granting medical school in Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Ohio, or Wisconsin for the subsequent academic year at the time the award is given.
- Students must be members of an active LMSA Midwest chapter (paid dues). For students at institutions without an LMSA chapter, please contact us regarding potential exemption from this requirement.
- Winners must be able to attend the LMSA Midwest Regional Conference to accept their award. This year’s conference will be held in conjunction with the LMSA National Conference in Cleveland, OH. You must purchase a ticket to the Gala and be present on Saturday, April 25th, 2015 in order to receive your award.
- Applicant information sheet
- A personal statement
- Proof of school acceptance and enrollment
- AAMC – Nickens Medical Student Scholarships
- Que Llueva Café Scholarship from Chicano Organizing & Research in Education (CORE)
- AMA Scholarships
- Congressional Hispanic Caucus Scholarship/
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund
- National Medical Fellowships Scholarships
- Child Family Health International
- Hispanocare Scholarship
- Hispanic Health Professional Student Scholarship