Thank you for your interest in starting an LMSA Plus chapter at your local school. The process is fairly straightforward. Please follow the tips below. If you have any questions, feel free to contact the LMSA-NE Mentorship Chair to help guide you through this process.
1. Start off by consulting with your university in regards to their protocol for the establishment of new clubs and organizations. This is very important to guarantee you are following their guidelines. There is usually a contact person who can give you all the information you need.
2. All that is required to begin a new chapter is at least one student officer and a faculty mentor. Choose a faculty member that you see as eligible to guide and assist your chapter.
3. If you are not already, we recommend becoming a national member via our Membership Portal. Registering is easy and will give you access to our network. Register here!
4. Please review the LMSA Constitution and the Chapter Bylaws Template. These documents will be needed when you present your new group to the officials at your university. We will also need a copy to acknowledge your new chapter. You can tailor the Chapter Bylaws Template to your chapter’s specific situation. Links to these documents are located below.
5. Once your chapter has been officially approved at your school, complete the LMSA plus application. Email a copy of your 1) completed application, 2) LMSA Constitution, and 3) Chapter Bylaws documents to the LMSA-NE Mentorship Chair to get your chapter officially included in the LMSA Plus Regional Chapter List. This step is very important, or we will not be aware of your chapter.