The “LMSA Scholarship for U.S. Medical Students” was developed in 2009 to assist medical students with the financial burden of accredited U.S. Medical School tuition. Personal qualities, financial need, academic and extracurricular achievement will be considered in the selection process.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: January 1st, 2013 at midnight CST.
It is the student’s responsibility to submit a complete application and all supporting documents by the deadline, extensions will not be granted. Incomplete or late application materials will result in ineligibility. Please submit ALL materials in the same email to email@example.com. We strongly recommend submitting application materials via email to ensure confirmation of receipt. Please title your email: “LMSA Scholarship for U.S. Medical Students”.
1. COMPLETED APPLICATION: Application form must be typed as the PDF application form is word fillable. The application form shall not exceed the space provided.
2. PERSONAL STATEMENT: Please write a required one-page personal statement (single spaced, 12-pt. font) describing your family and personal background, professional objectives, involvement and contribution(s) to the Latino community (ie: volunteer experiences, work experiences, etc.), and how you would assist LMSA-National in its mission to provide health care to the Latino and underserved communities. The personal statement is one of the most important selection criteria and is equivalent to an interview. Please do not send any materials not requested.
3. PROOF OF ACCEPTANCE TO A U.S. ACCREDITED MEDICAL SCHOOL:
• Incoming M1 students: Signed letter in official letterhead from medical school stating the applicant will be attending their institution and he/she is registered as an M1 student.
• For M2-M4 students: Signed letter in official letterhead from medical school stating the applicant is registered as a medical student in their institution in good academic standing.
Application questions and other inquiries should be sent to the above address or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please title your email: LMSA-National Scholarship for U.S. Medical Students 2013 .
In the past, our fundraising efforts have allowed our fund to offer $3000 in scholarships (four $500 scholarships and one $1000 scholarship). This year, we hope to exceed this monetary amount with our fundraising, but offer similar forms of scholarships. LMSA-National cannot guarantee complete funding of medical school application fees. Determination of which scholarship to be awarded will be based on the information provided on the application and at the sole discretion of the selection committee.