The Latino Medical Student Association-West (LMSA West) is proud to announce the 34th Annual CCM & LMSA West Regional Conference to be held on Friday, March 2nd and Saturday, March 3rd, 2018. The event will be hosted by the University of California, Los Angeles School of Medicine chapter of LMSA.
The annual conference inspires Latino students to enter into healthcare professions and provides career development and leadership skills to current health care professional students. The theme of this year’s conference is:
“Breaking Borders, Building Bridges: Paving the Future of Medicine”
In addition to discussing major issues prevalent in our communities such as the growing demand for culturally sensitive, high quality health care access, we will also emphasize our active role in advocacy- ranging from the family medicine doctor to the Latino physician doing research for diverse populations.
Registration information for the conference, networking event and gala can be found on the eventbrite page below:
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
Due Friday, February 9th, 2018. For more information, see our Call for Abstracts post.
Events this year include:
Friday, March 2nd:
- Conference for High School students at UCLA Undergraduate Campus [8am-4pm]
- workshops for high school students on the healthcare needs of the Latino community, undergraduate admissions, medical school admissions, health care policy etc.
- Networking event for Medical Students and Physicians at Geffen Hall at UCLA School of Medicine [5pm-8pm]
Saturday, March 3rd:
- Conference for Undergraduate and Medical Students at the Sheraton Gateway LAX Hotel [8am-4:30pm]
- workshops on the healthcare needs of the Latino community, student leadership training, health care policy, and various forms to take action.
- Gala Event for Graduating Medical Students, Families and Physician Mentors at the Sheraton Gateway LAX Hotel [6:30pm-1am]
You can pay for exhibitors table directly on eventbrite page by selecting specific exhibitor category under ticket selection or you can also mail check, please contact us email@example.com provide instructions.
The LMSA West Regional Conference Planning Committee