Application Now Open!
The High School Pipeline Program Scholarship was developed in 2017 to assist high school students of underrepresented minority background to enroll in pre-med pipeline programs for youth medical education and healthcare career exploration. The objective of this scholarship is to increase interest in healthcare careers and medically oriented research careers among high school students from underrepresented minority backgrounds and low-income students by defraying the costs of participation in these programs. This scholarship will also encourage students to join LMSA early for mentorship opportunities.
LMSA-West will award scholarship recipients up to $2000 one-time scholarship for established summer enrichment health sciences programs. This scholarship is sponsored by AltaMed.
– Applicants must be a high school student during the 2018-2019 academic year within the LMSA-West region states (Alaska, California, Hawaii, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, Washington, Wyoming, Alaska, Montana, and Idaho).
– Must be committed to pursuing a career in medicine and dedicated to serving the Latino and underserved communities. Applicants should also demonstrate a desire to advance the state of healthcare and education in Latino and underserved communities.
– Must demonstrate financial need of funds to cover enrollment/ and or associated costs of summer program. Strong consideration will be placed upon financial need.
– Must be a dues-paying pre-med member of LMSA-West. (Can contact LMSA Executive Board for financial assistance if needed).
– Students are eligible to receive the scholarship regardless of immigration or citizenship status.
– Applicants must provide documentation of their application into a Summer Health Sciences High School Pipeline Program, as well as verification of acceptance into the program as soon available. Funds will only be disbursed after verified acceptance and planned enrollment.
– Applicants must submit the application in full, (see complete list of required materials below).
– LMSA-West reserves the right to withdraw or withhold scholarship pending submission of necessary documents.
DEADLINE: FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 1, 2019 11:59PM PST
CLICK HERE FOR APPLICATION!
All application materials should be submitted via email and attached in a single Adobe Acrobat PDF format titled LMSA-West High School Pipeline Program Scholarship – Applicant Last Name, First Initial 2018 to VP_Scholarship@lmsa.net.
Questions? Email VP_Scholarship@lmsa.net