Application Now Open!
The Latino Health Research Scholarship was developed in 2017 to support, encourage, and facilitate scholarly research and academic engagement by LMSA-West medical students. This scholarship will provide them with an opportunity to fund their projects, prepare their research and/or disseminate their work in the areas of Latino health and health disparities. The aims of this scholarship are to promote the exchange of information related to Latino health and to increase the number of Latino students and Latino health focused academic research. Read more about previous scholarship recipients here.
LMSA-West will provide one (1) scholarship recipient with a one-time research scholarship, in the amount of $1,000 to support the development and dissemination of novel research in areas of Latino health and health disparities. This scholarship is sponsored by AltaMed.
– Must have a developed project in process with an assigned mentor and timeline, and all necessary certifications per institution (IRB approval, consents, translation, etc).
– Must have a demonstrated financial need of funds for study recruitment, supplies, printing, travel, etc.
– All LMSA-West medical students with demonstrated research project are encouraged to apply, preference will be given to students conducting research addressing Latino health and health disparities.
– Must be committed to pursuing a career in medicine and dedicated to serving the Latino and underserved communities.
-Must be a dues-paying pre-med member of LMSA-West. (Can contact LMSA Executive Board for financial assistance if needed).
– Applicants will submit their CV, letter of intent, and recommendation letter from a school faculty, research preceptor justifying use of funds.
– Students are eligible to receive the scholarship regardless of immigration or citizenship status.
– Must be a resident or attending school within the LMSA-West region states (Arizona, California, Hawaii, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, Washington, Wyoming, Alaska, Montana, and Idaho).
– Must submit a CV, letter of intent, and recommendation letter from a school faculty or research preceptor justifying use of funds.
– LMSA-West reserves the right to withdraw or withhold scholarship pending submission of necessary documents.
DEADLINE: FRIDAY, MARCH 1, 2019 11:59PM PST
CLICK HERE FOR APPLICATION!
All application materials should be submitted via email and attached in a single Adobe Acrobat PDF format titled LMSA-West Latino Health Student Research Scholarship – Applicant Last Name, First Initial 2018 to VP_Scholarship@lmsa.net.
Questions? Email VP_Scholarship@lmsa.net
This scholarship is sponsored by: