Application Now Open!
The “Si Se Puede” Medical School Application Scholarship was developed in 2004 to assist pre-medical students with the financial burden of applying to accredited U.S. Medical Schools. Personal qualities, financial need, academic and extracurricular achievement will be considered in the selection process. Read more about previous scholarship recipients here.
This year, LMSA-West will award four (4) scholarship recipients with $1000 for medical school application expenses.
– Eligible applicants should have submitted AMCAS® OR AACOMAS® applications for the cycle that would allow for matriculation into medical school in fall of 2019.
– Students interested in applying to Allopathic and/or Osteopathic Schools of Medicine are welcome to apply.
– Funds can be used for AMCAS® OR AACOMAS® registration fees. Original receipts and other pertinent documents must be submitted for award to be distributed. Winners will receive details with notification of award. LMSA reserves the right to withdraw or withhold scholarship pending submission of necessary documents.
– Must be committed to pursuing a career in medicine and dedicated to serving the Latino and underserved communities.
– Applicants should demonstrate a desire to advance the state of healthcare and education in Latino and underserved communities through leadership in extracurricular activities and/or membership in civic organizations.
– Must be a dues-paying pre-med member of LMSA-West. (Can contact LMSA Executive Board for financial assistance if needed).
– Must be a resident or attending school within the LMSA-West region states (Arizona, California, Hawaii, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, Washington, Wyoming, Alaska, Montana, and Idaho).
– Students are eligible to receive the scholarship regardless of immigration or citizenship status.
– Winners must provide a small blurb about themselves to highlight on the LMSA-West social media outlets and website
– LMSA reserves the right to rescind awards pending lack of submission or falsification of any documents.
DEADLINE: FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 1, 2019 11:59PM PST
CLICK HERE FOR APPLICATION!
All application materials should be submitted via e-mail and attached in a single file in Adobe Acrobat PDF format titled LMSA-West “Si Se Puede” Scholarship – Applicant Last Name, First Initial 2018 to VP_Scholarship@lmsa.net.
Questions? Email email@example.com