LMSA-West’s mission is to recruit and support individuals in the healthcare professions who will strive to improve the access and delivery of healthcare to Latinos and medically underserved populations.
- To create a communication network for Latino medical students, pre-medical students, and physicians.
- To establish programs that facilitate and increase the recruitment of Latino medical school applicants.
- To support the academic success of Latino students pursuing a career in medicine.
- To support the efforts of organizations committed to the improvement of healthcare access and delivery for Latinos in LMSA West States.
- To develop future Latinx leaders in medicine and all its dimensions, including in policy and advocacy, academics and teaching, institutional leadership, community outreach and civic engagement, scholarship and research.