LMSA-WEST’s mission is to recruit and support individuals in the healthcare professions who will strive to improve the access and delivery of healthcare to Latinos and medically underserved populations.
LMSA-West actively promotes:
- The development of a communication network for medical, pre-medical, and health care students interested in serving the medically underserved.
- Medical, pre-medical and healthcare students’ interests that will lead to the improvement of healthcare for underserved communities.
- Health policy education that affects underserved communities.
- Educational enrichment programs for the recruitment of medical school applicants.
- Collaborations with other organizations committed to the improvement of health care delivery for underserved communities.
- The academic success and support of students dedicated to improving health care services to underserved populations.