Dr. Amanda Perez Scholarship
This scholarship is now OPEN:
For a list of the winners please visit the Scholars Corner.
In addition to the generous financial award, this is the first year Dr. Amanda Perez will also be covering the conference ticket and travel expenses so that the award recipient(s) can make it to our 33rd Annual LMSA West Conference at UCSF! All applicants must plan ahead and keep the conference dates, March 24-25th, available for their travel.
Dr.Amanda Perez Scholarship was developed in 2008 to assist high school and college freshman students who are interested in pursuing a career in medicine. Personal qualities, financial need, academic and extracurricular achievement, and ability to attend the Annual LMSA West Regional Conference will be considered in the selection process. Dr. Amanda Perez is an alumna of LMSA-West at the Charles Drew University Chapter, where she served as Medical Student Representative. She later was in charge of the Scholarship Program when she served on the Executive Board for the Western Region. Award recipients will have the chance to meet Dr. Amanda Perez at the LMSA West conference.
- Must be committed to pursuing a career in medicine and dedicated to serving the Latino and underserved communities.
- Applicants should demonstrate a desire to advance the state of healthcare and education in Latino and underserved communities through leadership in extracurricular activities and/or membership in civic organizations.
- Must be High School Senior OR freshmen at 4-year university during the 2016-17 academic year.
- Students are eligible to receive the scholarship regardless of immigration or citizenship status, as long as the university they attend will allow them to enroll and register for classes.
- Strong consideration will be placed upon financial need.
- Must be a resident or attending school within the LMSA-West region states (Arizona, California, Oregon, Utah, Washington, or Nevada)
- Must be a dues-paying pre-med member of LMSA-West.
- Winners must be available to be interviewed for the LMSA-West Newsletter.
- LMSA-West reserves the right to withdraw or withhold scholarship pending submission of necessary documents.
- Must be able to attend the 33rd Annual LMSA West Regional Conference at UC San Francisco on March 25th 2017 . (Cost of attendance will be fully reimbursed)
APPLICATION DEADLINE: February 24, 2017
To download application in fillable PDF format: Dr Amanda Perez Application 2016-17
1) Click on the PDF icon or link above to open/view the application
2) Select the Download arrow to save a copy
Questions? Email email@example.com