“Si Se Puede” Scholarship
The “Si Se Puede” Medical School Application Scholarship was developed in 2004 to assist pre-medical students with the financial burden of applying to accredited U.S. Medical Schools. Personal qualities, financial need, academic and extracurricular achievement will be considered in the selection process.
- Must be committed to pursuing a career in medicine and dedicated to serving the Latino and underserved communities.
- Applicants should demonstrate a desire to advance the state of healthcare and education in Latino and underserved communities through leadership in extracurricular activities and/or membership in civic organizations.
- Eligible applicants should be applying for matriculation into medical school in 2013.
- Students interested in applying to Allopathic and/or Osteopathic Schools of Medicine are welcome to apply.
- Funds can be used for AMCAS® OR AACOMAS® registration fees. Original receipts and other pertinent documents must be submitted for award to be distributed. Winners will receive details with notification of award.
- Strong consideration will be placed upon financial need.
- Students are eligible to receive the scholarship regardless of citizenship status.
- Student must be attending school or a resident within the LMSA-West region (Arizona, California, Oregon, Utah, Washington)
- Student must be a dues-paying pre-med member of LMSA-West.
- Please see the application for additional details. LMSA-West reserves the right to withdraw or withhold scholarship pending submission of necessary documents.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: November 9th, 2012 This is NOT a postmark deadline. It is the student’s responsibility to submit a complete application and all supporting documents by the deadline, extensions will not be granted. Incomplete or late application materials will result in ineligibility.
Please submit ALL materials to the VP of Scholarships by November 9th, 2012 at 11:59pm PST. We strongly recommend submitting application materials via email to firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure confirmation of receipt. Materials submitted via email should be attached in Adobe Acrobat PDF format.