“Si Se Puede” Scholarship
The “Si Se Puede” Medical School Application Scholarship was developed in 2004 to assist pre-medical students with the financial burden of applying to accredited U.S. Medical Schools. Personal qualities, financial need, academic and extracurricular achievement will be considered in the selection process.
- Must be committed to pursuing a career in medicine and dedicated to serving the Latino and underserved communities.
- Applicants should demonstrate a desire to advance the state of healthcare and education in Latino and underserved communities through leadership in extracurricular activities and/or membership in civic organizations.
- Eligible applicants should be applying for matriculation into medical school in 2013.
- Students interested in applying to Allopathic and/or Osteopathic Schools of Medicine are welcome to apply.
- Funds can be used for AMCAS® OR AACOMAS® registration fees. Original receipts and other pertinent documents must be submitted for award to be distributed. Winners will receive details with notification of award.
- Strong consideration will be placed upon financial need.
- Students are eligible to receive the scholarship regardless of citizenship status.
- Student must be attending school or a resident within the LMSA-West region (Arizona, California, Oregon, Utah, Washington)
- Student must be a dues-paying pre-med member of LMSA-West.
- Please see the application for additional details. LMSA-West reserves the right to withdraw or withhold scholarship pending submission of necessary documents.
ANTICIPATED APPLICATION DEADLINE: December 15th, 2014
We anticipate applications will open 2 months prior to deadlines. Questions? Email email@example.com