“Sí Se Puede” Scholarship
Application is now CLOSED:
The “Sí Se Puede” Medical School Application Scholarship was developed in 2004 to assist pre-medical students with the financial burden of applying to accredited U.S. Medical Schools. Personal qualities, financial need, academic and extracurricular achievement will be considered in the selection process.
For a list of past winners please visit the Winners Page.
- Must be committed to pursuing a career in medicine and dedicated to serving the Latino and underserved communities.
- Applicants should demonstrate a desire to advance the state of healthcare and education in Latino and underserved communities through leadership in extracurricular activities and/or membership in civic organizations.
- Students applying to Allopathic and/or Osteopathic Schools of Medicine are welcome to apply.
- Eligible applicants should have submitted AMCAS® OR AACOMAS® applications for the cycle that would allow for matriculation into medical school in fall of 2015.
- Funds can be used for AMCAS® OR AACOMAS® registration fees. Original receipts and other pertinent documents must be submitted for award to be distributed. Winners will receive details with notification of award. LMSA reserves the right to withdraw or withhold scholarship pending submission of necessary documents.
- Strong consideration will be placed upon financial need.
- Students are eligible to receive the scholarship regardless of citizenship status.
- Student must be a dues-paying pre-med member of LMSA-West (for membership see: Pre-Meds).
- Must be a member of the LMSA-West region states (Arizona, California, Oregon, Utah, Washington)
- Winner must be available to be interviewed for the LMSA-West Newsletter.
- Please see the application for additional details. LMSA-West reserves the right to rescind awards pending lack of submission or falsification of any documents.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: December 31, 2014 @ 11:59pm PST
To download application in fillable PDF format: 2014-2015 Sí Se Puede Application Form – PDF
1) Click on the PDF icon / link above,
or 1) Right click the icon / link
2) Select “Save Link As”
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org